Summer time!

Wow...summer is here. I have enjoyed relaxing and get myself organized! I usually spend the first week getting my house back in order, then start working on some school stuff for next year. One thing I love about summer is cooking and eating healthy. My family gets crazy busy, like everyone's, during the school year. We eat out too much, we eat junk too much. We eat late or to be frank, we eat cereal for dinner!

So during the summer, I stock the fridge with fruits and veggies. I actual plan healthy meals and we almost never eat out. So I was very excited when my friend Tammy at The Resourceful Apple told me about her new linky. This is a great way to get some new recipe ideas and share a few new ones I have found.

So here's a recipe I made last week:
 
picture from Creme de la Crumb

I found this simple, but yummy recipe for Mandarin Pasta Spinach Salad with Teriyaki Dressing on Pinterest for which led me to this great website: Creme de la Crumb. It was super simple and easy on a hot summer day. We used cashews instead of pine nuts and I happened to have all these ingredients on hand (that's how I stumbled upon it!) The dressing is the best part. She suggests a thick teriyaki sauce and I didn't have that, so next time I think it would make it much better. 

But even my husband who likes to eat big portions was full after eating this with me. 

Head on over to Tammy's blog and link up with your favorite Summer Recipes! 

Meal Plan Monday            
post signature

1 comment

  1. Deanna,

    That recipe is perfect for summer!
    I can't wait to try it:)

    Thanks for linking up.
    Tammy
    The Resourceful Apple

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top