Today's Meet

Do you have a 1:1 tablet or BYOD classroom? One thing I have found that my student's love is Today's Meet. Today's Meet is an online chat room, you set up the room prior to the class session. You give your room a name (I name our room with my last name and the word "chat")  To log on the website is very easy. It will be www.today'smeet.com/(the name of the room).

Here are some ways I have used Today's Meet in my class:
-I post a morning message each morning with a question. After their morning work, they log on to answer. On the 100th day, I posted this: I wish I had 100...... Or this morning I asked "If you could be paleontologist, what kind of fossil would you hope to find?
-I also have used Today's Meet during close reading. When I would stop and lead the discuss, I would also pose a question to be answered via Today's Meet. I might ask for students to find evidence in the passage and then type their answer. This really gives everyone a chance to answer the question or voice their opinion.
-Finally, Today's Meet can be used to have a classroom discussion for homework. I just caution this one, though! I have found if it is used outside of school, my students tended to get a little silly with their communication. I would set very specific perimeters and guidelines before doing this!


Today's Meet is free! But for a small monthly fee you can have some added features. I really found these very helpful. With the added features, you can pause the room. This way the room won't get used after school hours without your knowledge :) You can delete a comment that is off topic, or kick off a user that is not following the guidelines of the conversation. The last thing, it enables you to do is type the topic or question in a header at the top.

Here are 10 ways you can use Today's Meet in you class or school:


My class loves Today's Meet and I love the level of student engagement while we are using it!

post signature

No comments

Back to Top