I'm back.............finally!


I decided to take the summer off and get some much needed rest and relaxation. It was a GREAT summer, and then when school started it has taken me a good month to get my feet under me and feel like I've got a handle on what I am doing!

I am still in third this year so at least I did not change grade levels, but I was made grade chair. And I've revamped a bunch of things in my room this year. Many things that were on my list last year, that I just didn't get around to.

One of the biggest things I have started this year is that I have ditched the clip chart! I read a bunch of great blog posts and articles about how clip charts don't really change inappropriate behaviors in problem students and it's humiliating for children to be "called out" in front of their peers. So my school is pushing Class Dojo this year and I hopped on board.



It really is very user friendly to customize for your class. It makes you remember to see the good things they are doing and even if they get points taken away, they are always able to earn points back. I was able to get all my parents to sign up to check their child's points (amazing) and the parents can send you messages. I like this because I can see them on my phone, like a text message and I don't necessarily have to log on to my school email to respond.

I am having my students turn in points on Fridays, since they don't always want to use all their points I made a points tracker sheet where they can add and subtract points on Fridays. You can get this cute freebie on tpt here!


My inspiration for my rewards was this amazing Pin on Pinterest! I loved this idea when I saw it and immediately bought her Coupon Binder on tpt. I just made my drawers match Dojo points and its working great.
Well, now that I'm back I will get some classrooom pics up soon! Thanks for sticking with me :)
Hope everyone has a great year!

post signature

1 comment

  1. Great post Deanna! My favorite thing about no colors is the parents' focus become "How was your day?" and "What did you do at school today?" and NOT "What color were you on?"! I can't wait to hear more about it:)

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top