We Are Bucket Fillers!


I have read this book to my class in previous years but have never really done much with it. But I L-O-V-E it! It is one of the best ways to teach children to think about kindness and how their words and actions effect other people.

So, as I mentioned previously, we are required to do a bulletin board every month. I used the book as a springboard for my school (it is a super super small school) to become bucket fillers. I put a supply of hearts and stars, markers and glue sticks on a little table under the board and invited staff, parents and students to leave a compliment to someone to fill our school's bucket. What a great response I am having so far!

Take a look at how it turned out!




We also have been working on our Random Acts of Kindness for February....my kiddos are having a great time with this. Our community service project for the week is to collect pet food and supplies for the local animal shelter. I will take pics of this at the end of the week. Today, we surprised our cook with cards and candy, she was overwhelmed by our appreciation!

No comments

Back to Top