Hall Pass!

Everyone needs a hall pass now and then...I used to use one in high school to get out of class when I was bored! Now I wish I could get one when things get a little crazy! But here's a fun linky from Tunstall's Teaching Tidbits


P- Product
I am a newbie so I don't have a ton of products to choose from! But I just made a fun little short vowel game  that you make with paint sticks. So cheap and easy to make and my friends just love it to do it at the word work station.


A- Area
I have two favorite areas in my room....my first area is my listening center. Now don't be jealous but I have a wireless headphone listening center! Being at a small private school, I don't make much money, but when I ask for something I usually get it. Well, I said my cd player stopped working and they bought me the mac-daddy of all cd players! When I first stated using it, the kids walked all over the room with the headphones on and their mouth wide open in surprise....it was adorable.
My second favorite area is my meeting carpet...we use it for our morning meeting and for small group reading time. These sweet girls are working on my large ten frame mat making teen numbers. I love this idea and don't know where I found it. I used a large vinyl table cloth and a wide marker to make the ten frames. We use bean bags for dots on the frames.


S- Signal
My favorite signal is one that I borrowed from a really good friend a long time ago...."Everyone listen" and the students say "Right Now" I had never heard anyone say it before until tonight when I was blog hopping...so I guess it was not an original!

S-Sanity
Two quick things.....music and caffeine!
I totally have to start my day with coffee and while I get ready for my students and my day I listen to my ipod and play my music. I have a playlist with Chris Tomlin,Third Day and others.It start my day off right, feeling grounded and reminds me of why I do what I do each day. 
The other caffeine is Diet Coke, I can't make it past noon without one. I am addicted, its sad but true!

Now off to bed....so happy tomorrow is Friday!!

5 comments

  1. Thanks for sharing! I forgot to put coffee on my "SANITY" part... I need that morning coffee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Completely agree with that daily coffee! So happy to find a new kindergarten blogger out there. I am new as well. Looking forward to sharing with you creative kindergarten ideas!
    Sherry
    Kindergarten Milestones

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2 of my favorites - music and caffeine!
    I listen to K-love every morning before school. There are days I have to sit in the car and wait for the song to finish before I go in.
    :)
    Tamera
    MyHeartBelongsinFirst
    Kaizactan2001@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Deanna, Love your Hall Pass! I did one too, stop on by my blog if you get a chance! I'm your newest follower, love your blog!
    ✿Sue✿
    Science for Kids Blog

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top