An old stand-by


Do you have favorite resources that you go back to every year? I do! No matter where I teach, or even what grade, I somehow use this book. I have had this book, How to Do Science Experiments with Children for so many years that I just found out they have a revised edition that I don't even have!












This book has tons of great, easy to-do science experiments and really breaks down the scientific process for younger students. I've used it when my class had to do an experiment for the school's Science Fair and it has helped out many of my fellow teachers! Let's just say, this book has gotten around!

So today, we did a cute experiment called "Spinning Teacher" The students have to predict how to make a paper teacher spin like a helicopter. First, we make our hypothesis and record our answers on a graph.

   
Each student also records their answers on a data sheet to work though the Scientific Process.


After, we make our predictions we tested out each way to see how to make the paper teacher spin.



They really had fun tossing their paper "teachers" up in the air to get her to spin around!

So if you need some good science experiment ideas before your school's Science Fair, you might want to look for this one.....

No comments

Back to Top